When I started thinking about the available options my first thought was a nano battleship dualboxed with a logistics ship. While that might have been a lot of fun, my wallet and I decided to settle for a single cruiser hull instead as they have better mobility as the larger hulls and more DPS/EHP as smaller ships.
The Omen and Augoror hulls, both in normal and Navy Issue variation seemed like the best hull options to me when comparing ehp, speed and damage output. To increase the odds of my survival I went for a normal omen instead of a Navy Issue hull.
I was slightly late and arrived in Rens after RVB had already left but managed to catch up with the fleet as they left the low sec staging system.
- Mr Vee showed up in an Ares.
- We encountered but did not engage a goon railgu fleet.
- A razor zealot gang bubbled itself.
- A big fight between multiple fleets, the main battle being between the RvB and a providence fleet brave enough to engage us (with a CFC naga fleet and BL railgu fleet on grid at times as well). http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=22470013
- A Brave Collective noob ship fleet trying to get past us.
- DaBigRedBoat showed up in local.
- We failed to get a CFC titan bridge to the supercarrier battle going on at the time
As usual I was a bit annoyed with the TiDi effects of a 200 man fleet waltzing through space but by the time I left fleet I was determined again to participate in as many future ganked fleets as possible.